Tuesday, October 22, 2013

REFLECTIONS BLOG NUMBER 5

Blog entry 5

During this semester i learned about different archetypes like the warrior, the orphan, the caregiver and 
 
 many more. i did not know peoples characteristics could be fitted into such genres , nor did i pay 

attention to the characteristics of characters i watched on tv.I knew it had a purpose and a story 

behind it but like many i kept my eyes shut and looked right past it .Only now that i have become 

more aware of the different archetypes and can now, categorize myself into a few of them: the ones 

that i think my personality shines through in the most. i also learned about the romans and how life is 

very symbolic and we use symbols every day without realising the message we are portraying. i also 

learned about the roman times, and greek mythology  which was never really taught to me except 

when when my past teacher made us each pick a god and talk about them during homeroom, which 

was many many years ago and i can't recall what i did learn out of that.
 
  i also learned that there is really no wrong answer or know wrong train of thought when it comes to 

your ideas and i have been chastised for  not thinking like others and interpreting information at the 

same level.i feel less restricted and less pressure to say what's on my mind and express my ideas 

more smoothly and easily without  being judged, once i prove that what i am saying is right.

  Coming into this course i didn't know what to expect as  i had no idea that i was signing into hybrid 

course.I've always loved the English language but hated poetry with a passion mostly 

Shakespearean poetry but have learned to analyze it over the years.I'm hoping to broader my 

knowledge of the English language as this i hope will be my concentration as i continue my 

studies.My only hopes now is passing this class and being able to juggle all the witting assignments 

given to me .

No comments:

Post a Comment